What are Birthstones?
Birthstones are minerals or organic stones along with their memorable colors and are associated with your date of birth. These are the brilliant gifts for your loved ones for the notable events of life. They have more obscure meaning and potential attributes that are explained below.
When you make your brain for purchasing gemstones, first select right place for shopping and second priority is knowledge for choice of right birthstones. If you are lacking both, get the services of your any friend or family member that can guide you in shopping.
Difference between Birthstones or Gemstones
Birthstones exist in natural shape and color when the professionals cut and polish to embed them in jewelry; these are gemstones at that moment.
A different proof for birthstones historical reasons are published but in 1912 modern list of birthstone by months is published with the solid decision of National Association of Jewelers in a meeting held in USA. Now birthstones are associated with the twelve months of a year. Due to some points of conflicts there is difference between the list of Birthstones by Month used in United States of America and United Kingdom. After, 1912 business of gemstones was going towards the peak.
Birthstones have dynamic rating because of their hardness and persistence. We are going to explain you the rating criterion of the jewels according to their suitable use in the jewelry items. The rating standard is from “poor” to “excellent”, applicable only on mineral stones. Synthetic stones are often rated below the “Excellent” and “Good”. For the use of jewels in the jewelry you have to depend on the consultant’s decision.
These jewels have high rating because of hardness attribute that is 9 or 10 on Mohs scale of hardness. The names of these jewels are diamond, ruby and sapphire, very suitable and long lasting for jewelry.
Very Good Birthstones
These gems also have long life and their hardness is 7.5 on Mohs scale of hardness. These stones are recommended for jewelry use. The stones of this category are alexandrite, aquamarine and spinel.
These stones are not durable as the above mentioned birthstones are due to their hardness. These can be used in jewelry items but got scratched when they are removed from the jewelry items. The birthstones are garnet, amethyst, bloodstone, sardonyx , tourmaline and citrine.
Fair to Poor Birthstones
These stones are easily scratched and vulnerable to breakage. Examples are Emerald, Peridot and Zircon.
In natural birthstone, some are too expensive that are not affordable by all individuals of society are diamond, Emerald and Ruby. So the jewelry manufacturers started preparing gemstones in the labs that are in the range of customers. These stone are lab created or synthetic gemstones.
Birthstones by Month
Birthstones by Month means, the stones are associated with twelve months of a year, their association and brief description is given below:
1. January Birthstone-Garnet
- Garnet, a January Birthstone exists in all continents of the world commonly in red color but in reality it is discovered in variety of colors, each with its own characteristics. Traditional beliefs have made its place among the ancients talismans. Now it was not valued as ornate stone but its powerful healing attribute and shielding energies made it extremely useful.
- Garnet is introduced for its effective use of productive energy. It cultivates spirit energies within the body to work on any platform with success. It is stone of real love and acute feelings.
- Today garnet has multidimensional use; it is not only worn for adornment but also has wide use in the industry in watch gears and scientific instruments.
- It is a gemstone that lessens body toxins, makes fast the metabolism and cures the cellular disorder.
- It heals emotional problems as well as provides remedy to the psychic depression.
2. February Birthstone- Amethyst
- Amethyst, a semi-precious February birthstone with purple color has been a focusing stone due to its dazzling beauty and ability to stimulate mind and emotions.
- This jewel broadened one’s mental horizon with the creative power to score unheard achievements.
- Amethyst owns such a frequency level that can purify the negative energy and covers the body with a safety shield of light.
- It saves the owners from psychic attacks, transforms the negative energy into the positive energy and finally invites good luck in their lives. It also diagnoses the roots of negative emotions
- It is one of the best birthstones for meditation.
3. March Birthstone-Aquamarine
- March Birthstone-Aquamarine is blue color stone is mostly preferred by the sailors for good luck, protection and fearless sailing.
- This jewel reduces the fear of public speaking and it is well known stone for teachers and public speakers. It gives energy to a speaker to present his views in difficult circumstances.
- It cultivates persistence, discipline and carefree nature in the wearers.
- It emits a special type of energy that promotes responsibility in one’s actions.
- It creates harmony among the individuals, the people from different cultures start living without any quarrel.
- With consist wearing; it cures the problems of lungs and sinuses.
- It is one of the highly prized birthstone for meditation.
4. April Birthstone-Diamond
- April Birthstone-Diamond has ice color or white color or is colorless with no hues.
- It is the hardest stone with spiritual traits for the owners.
- Its prominent use is for ornamentation and in the industry as a cutting tool and polishing kit.
- It promotes braveness and sign of victory for the wearers.
- Its market value is accessed from 4 C’s , Carat, Cut, Color and clarity.
- It is the rare stone because of its beauty and grows innocence in the owner’s personality.
5. May Birthstone-Emerald
- May Birthstone-Emerald is birthstone that seeks love and reveals truth to the persons that own it.
- It is jewel of inspiration, patience, and grows the particles of unconditional love.
- It develops higher level of balance between the partners and promotes unity for eternal happiness in their life.
- It is natural precious green color birthstone and its hues are from yellowish-green to blue green.
- It supports self-esteem and raises the confidence in the teen age girls.
- It strengthens the mental energies and increases mental tranquility by reducing the stress level.
6. June Birthstone-Pearl
- June Birthstone-Pearl is organic gemstone with attributes of wisdom and praised luck.
- It is famous myth that pearl is precious stone that provides protection to the children and balances the relation strength wise.
- It awakens the purity, honesty and kindness with the aim.
- It is ancient Greeks belief that Pearls are the tears of God.
- There is no alternative of pearl jewelry.
7. July Birthstone-Ruby
- July Birthstone-Ruby is a blazing jewel of dignity, considered the most glorious of all gemstones.
- According to Ancients consideration, it is more valuable than diamond. Ancient kings use to embed it on their crowns.
- It has been a sign of good luck, safety, and joy.
- No stone is better than ruby to banish sadness and foolish thoughts.
- It accelerates, transparent brain, enhanced energy for high level motivation and concentration, and promotes self-confidence and determination in the owners.
- Ruby supports and provides shield to those owners that have sensitive nature and false views about others and themselves.
8. August Birthstone-Peridot
- August Birthstone-Peridot is one of the stones discovered in sole color that is olive green.
- It owns internal gift of glare, brushes up the brain and unlock it new horizons of awareness and growth.
- It also assists one to know and feel one’s future aim and spiritual tasks.
- In the past civilization, it was owned to protect and preserve the potential to keep at distance forces of darkness.
- Peridot is highly useful for tuning life cycle of owner’s life pertaining to physical or emotional phases.
9. September Birthstone-Sapphire
- September Birthstone-Sapphire is extremely beautiful, in all its heavenly hues, is a jewel of sagacity and eternal divine.
- This blue color gemstone is a sign of energy but also of generosity and intellectuality.
- Sapphire encourages broad mindedness, allowing to release psychic tension and negative thoughts that are main cause of hormonal disturbance.
- It is mark of self-esteem and has shown good effect for quick resolution of legal and matters concerning to justice.
- It is the stone for curing the infection of eyes and improving the eyesight.
10. October Birthstone-Opal
- September Birthstone-Opal is multicolored stone matching with rainbow spectrum, is an eye stone, and motivates love and happiness.
- Opal strengthens the celestial awareness and encourages the light intuition and insight.
- It develops sense of calmness and security that reduces the stress and depression in the wearers.
- Opals are proven panacea for eyes, skin and nails.
- It is considered to scatter infections, clean blood and kidneys.
- November Birthstone-Citrine has a meaning of lemon. Sometimes it was considered as Gold Topaz mistakenly because of color resemblance.
- Its stone of abundance and manifestation, attracts, wealth and happiness, success and all other good things that are the basic requirement for eternal happiness.
- Citrine is ranked high for development of interpersonal relationships.
- There is one thing that is not good for this gem as it inflames aggression in some wearers.
- It is fountain of physical stamina and helps the endocrine system and regulates the metabolic activities.
- December Birthstone-Zircon discovered in may colors but the most attractive and having resemblance with diamond is white zircon.
- In past it was used as jewel to bring prosperity and intellectuality to the owners.
- This stone paves paths for motivation and guidance.
- It generates in one’s ability of self-confidence and to promote confidence in those that are in their relationship bonds.
- Zircon having yellow color invites happiness to the wearers.