Today folks love to wear birthstone jewelry on various occasions. Birthstones are classified because of their properties that are colors , cut ,clarity and carat weight. The birthstones colors defines the charm and beauty of the stone. Here is very genuine question, how can you judge the quality of birthstones? According to my knowledge and experience one can judge the gemstones because of 4 C’s that are given below
- Color- This property of stones show the quality and value
- Cut- This property defines the various shapes and styles like Pear, Round, Marquise , Heart Shaped
- Clarity- Level of clarity describes the absence or presence of flaws that are present in the gemstone.
- Cara Weight – This property is used to measure the weight of the birthstone.
The gemstones that are occurring naturally are classified because of their rarity and value. The information below for birthstones colors is the milestone in this concern.
- Blue color in birthstones is because of an important ingredient called Boron that brings change in the conductivity level of the gemstone.
- Red, Pink and Brown Colors are due the main defect cause by the crystal lattice at time of formation of birthstone.
- Purple color is in the stone because of iron and manganese.
- Yellow Colors is very attractive in the stones and this is because elements Nitrogen that also changes the conductivity level of the gemstone.
- White Colors- the most attractive gemstone like diamond and topaz are white in color. These stones are transparent in color.
- Green Colors – this colors is the gemstones because of emission of the of the radiations form naturally occurring radioactive elements.
Variation in Gemstones
The formation of birthstones is due to the natural scientific reasons that are impurities and structural deficiencies. Absorption and emission of wavelength also affects the birthstone colors. In reality the components are cause of variation in gemstones.
- The first impression in birthstones is because of hue.
- Tone of the color is related to lightness and darkness of the color.
- Saturation is related the level of emission of the radiations from gemstones.
Fluorescence and color enhancements are the other factors that affect birthstones colors. These two properties are in the gemstones because of the factors high pressure, temperature treatment and irradiation. A special mechanism is adopted to change the color of birthstones that is called irradiation. There are some colors that are created by the human beings in the laboratories that are called Synthetic colored gemstones. These are also called artificial gemstones.
Ancients people used to believe that gemstones has strong healing power and this energy is mainly concerned with ruling planet of a particular person. These gemstones have association with the months of a year. Moreover, you can relate the birthstones colors with the events that have happened in the history.
While working with the birthstones colors, it is interesting reality to explore the color of each zodiac birthstones. Here we are forwarding step by step information of each birthstone linked with zodiac sign
1. Capricorn Birthstone Color:
Capricorn Birthstone is Garnet; this gemstone has market value because of its wine red color but it is also in the world in other colors like shades of green, pale to dark yellow and orange color. It is often said that it is inclusion free stone.
2. Aquarius Birthstone Color:
Aquarius Birthstone is Amethyst; it exists in purple hues and is also type of quartz.
3. Pisces Birthstone Color:
Pisces Birthstone is Aquamarine; this stone owns light blue color and in some cases it also possesses light green shades in its color.
4. Aries Birthstone Color:
Aries Birthstone is diamond; the most prominent diamond is white or colorless; it is very difficult to find in the market as out of five thousand less than one flawless diamond exists.
5.Taurus Birthstone Color:
Taurus Birthstone is Emerald; this is very precious stone and carries rich green color that glitters more with proper use of cut applied on it.
6. Gemini Birthstone Color:
Gemini Birthstone is Opal: the well-known colors of this birthstone are white and yellow with signs of happiness and optimism.
7. Cancer Birthstone Color:
Cancer birthstone is Ruby; the most precious and king of stones carry red color as representative of love, health and wisdom.
8. Leo Birthstone Color:
Leo Birthstone is Peridot: this stone with its most influencing lime green color implants power in the wearer.
9. Virgo Birthstone Color:
Virgo Birthstone is Sapphire; it possesses blue color with its charming look and dazzling beauty.
10. Libra Birthstone Color:
Libra Birthstone is Opal; this stone exists in dynamic colors and its meaning “change of color” gives us ideas about its existence in various colors. On opal tiny sphere are present that radiates the rainbow of incident light as it is type of quartz.
11. Scorpio Birthstone Color:
Scorpio birthstone is Topaz; this gemstone is in the market with its glamorous orange toned hues. It is stone of mind.
12. Sagittarius Birthstone Color:
Sagittarius birthstone is Turquoise; it is opaque birthstone, exists in blue green color that is dynamic from sky blue or greenish blue to other green tones.